Monday, August 15, 2011

Delicious Dinner.


I'm not completely out of the closet yet, but as of tonight I will be.  I've been eating meat for about 2 months now :S  There's a number of reasons why, which I won't go into, but in the long run it's easier for me to cook for our little family if we put both vegetarian and non vegetarian meals into the recipe box.

Anyways, seeing as that's out of the way, I figure I'd share this recipe with you!  I didn't know what to make for dinner, because my kitchen, although well stocked in some areas, is lacking in others.  So I figured I had spinach, dry pasta, and chicken breast, what could I make? some sort of Spinach Chicken salad with Pasta.  I think it turned out really well :)

Ingredients:

1/4 cup of olive oil
1/4 cup of walnuts
2 tbsp of soy sauce (try Bragg's liquid aminos)
2 tbsp of red wine vinegar
1 tbsp of sugar
salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 cups of whole wheat pasta (I made corkscrew pasta)
2 small chicken breasts cooked (or 1 large chicken breast)
4 cups of washed and chopped (bite size) spinach
2 stalks of green onion chopped

I started by roasting the nuts in 1 tbsp of the olive oil, once they were smelling delicious (as nuts do once they're perfectly roasted) I added the rest of the oil, the soy sauce, the red wine vinegar, the sugar, and the salt and pepper to taste.  While I was doing this I was cooking 1 1/2 cups of pasta.  Once that was all done I put my cooked chicken in with the pasta, and mixed the dressing on top.  I gave that a big stir (and tasted it) and put it in the fridge.  Let that chill for an hour or so.  Right before you eat, toss in the washed spinach and green onions.

Delicious... and really easy.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment