Wednesday, October 26, 2011

a contented woman (part deux)

I still haven't received all the questionnaires back from the women who asked to be interviewed for this little project of mine, so I can't give specific details yet, but I can rattle on about a little contentment issue I'm currently dealing with!

The other day I was answering questions for a healing course I'm currently taking, and it asked me to think back to the happiest time of your life, and what would it take to get to a place like that again... I was surprised when I really stepped back and thought about it, because, well, I think this is the happiest time of my life.  I'm so happy with my husband, our home, our friends, and our family, it's amazing.

I purged items to clear clutter awhile back, I've bought beautiful scents for our living room, I've decorated for fall, I've learnt how to bake pie, I'm knitting a sweater, I love teaching piano...

I couldn't think of anything that wasn't good and happy.

So I decided to think about it, and see when I was happy and not happy throughout the day.  It turns out there is an area where I'm not happy, and have been continuously disappointed for several years..  It's when I'm getting changed, when I hop into the shower, when I try on clothes...

Get where I'm going with this?

Now, don't get me wrong, I love my body, I really do, but I know that I haven't been really good to it... in a long time.  I used the excuse of "planning a wedding" and being stressed for almost all last year, and now the "newly wed" excuse is sort of wearing thin.  I want to love my body, and also be happy with it.  I know it's possible to feel better about my body, I've done it before.

So, to answer the first question,  yes this is the happiest time of my life, but there's always area to grow and change.  If you know me well, this won't come as a surprise... I'm going to do a 30 day exercising/healthy eating experiment.  I don't expect to lose much weight, but I know I'll feel better about myself.  It's great to have a wonderful life, but if there's an area where you feel like you're falling behind, or will never be able to feel good about... don't lie to yourself, chances are we're all able to change and grow a bit.

Stay tuned for "a contented women (part troix)" where I'll unleash all the research I've gathered!

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment